The 4th annual The Dude’s Homebrew Competition is in the books, and we hope everyone had as great a time as we did. We’re $3,627 closer to a cure for cancer today! After all was said and done, The Nihilist Pale Ale by Corey Dudish and Brian Meyer won our competition, as determined by a combination of judges score and voting by those attending. Congratulations to Corey, Brian, and also Dan Potts, whose Red Dragon Welsh Bitter was chosen as Best in Show by our distinguished panel of judges.
There are many people to thank, starting with Jeff, Dave, Brandon, and the staff at Resurgence Brewing Company, who are the world’s greatest hosts (and makers of wonderful beers).
Thanks also to our fantastic judges panel made up of some of the area’s best brewers: Colin Herzog of Flying Bison Brewing Company, Matt Kahn of Big Ditch Brewing Company, John Domres of Buffalo Brewing Company, and Dave Schiralli of 12 Gates Brewing Company.
Special thanks, also, to the following people and groups:
- All of the homebrewers who graciously donated their beers and time to the cause. There were so many fantastic, creative beers yesterday. And you’d be hard-pressed to find a nicer group of people than those who are part of our local homebrewing community. (Speaking of, special thanks to Niagara Association of Homebrewers and Sultans of Swig Homebrew Club for supporting this event and cause every year).
- Alex Placito, who helped assemble our excellent panel of judges and who has supported us from Day 1
- Premier Gourmet for logistical support, and for having the best beer selection in WNY
- Russ Burton for providing the awesome soundtrack to yesterday’s event. If anyone is looking for a DJ for their wedding or event, might we suggest Russ Burton Entertainment?
- Our volunteers at the event who made sure everything ran smoothly: Camille Holmgren, Meg Devine Maxwell, and Ellen Maxwell Notarius.
- And last but certainly not least, everyone who came out, donated, and participated in yesterday’s event.
Thank you again, everyone! We look forward to seeing you all again next year!